This post may contain affiliate links to products. As an affiliate, I earn money from qualifying purchases. Please read my full disclosure here.
Do you struggle with memorizing Scripture? Yet you know people who seem able to memorize anything effortlessly?
I’m go to be honest: I am terrible at memorization, scripture or otherwise, and I have to really work at it. However, I desire to be dedicated to hiding God’s word in my heart–I want to commit to memorizing, internalizing, and saturating myself in scripture.
I’m sure we’ve all tried things like…reading the verse or passage over and over, writing it again and again, and reading it aloud. I’ve also made images with verses and printed scripture cards. This takes the most effort, but seems a more effective tactic (for me, anyway).
Because I am [obviously] no expert on the subject of scripture memorization, I’m sharing some amazing references so that we can all read and discover what works best for each of us and our learning preferences.
8 Scripture Memory Hacks
- Memorize a scripture from each book of the Bible at WateringCanBlog.com
- Scripture Memory 101 by Alison at ArabahJoy.com
- How to Memorize Scripture for Beginners by Meredith at ArabahJoy.com
- Scripture Memory Made Simple at DesiringGod.com
- Scripture Memory System at Simply Charlotte Mason
- Make Scripture Memory a Snap! at BrinaLynn.com
- BibleMemory.com – an app to help make Scripture memory easy
- VerseLocker – another fun Scripture memory app
What’s the point?
Why do we memorize, internalize, saturate our lives with scripture? So that we know the Truth.
Without the Truth, we believe lies. And that is a very dangerous place to be!
Scripture to Memorize
If you are not sure where to start, here are some helpful starting points:
- 50 Most Important
- Scriptures to Memorize
- 6 Joy Scriptures to Memorize
- Psalm 100
- Speak Truth To Yourself
It’s not so important how we get the Word in our hearts, but rather that we get it there. I encourage each of us to find what works and commit to tucking truth away in our hearts!