I’m excited–yet humbled and thankful–to share that I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by my sweet friend, Shan, over at The How-To Guru! Shan faithfully shares Southern travel tips, hacks around the house, and tips on how to live the wife life God called us to. She has been a mentor to me since I began this blogging journey, always listening, redirecting, and encouraging. ♥Bless her heart!♥
So what is this Mystery Blogger Award?
“‘Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
– Okoto Enigma
To think that my blog “captivates, inspires, and motivates” even one person is amazing! When I started my blog, my goal, my sole purpose, was to encourage tapped-out wives and moms by sharing my own stories from the trenches. Truly, I’m honored. To Okoto, thank you for being “creatively bored” and coming up with a way give one another a shout out!
Three Things about BrinaLynn
- BrinaLynn is a pseudonym I created based on my childhood nickname. Finding joy when life is hard can be so difficult, but we have to find joy where we are–no matter what–so that we don’t lose ourselves in the madness. That’s how Finding Joy with BrinaLynn came about.
- I (like Shan) feel like I was born in the wrong era. The longing I feel for simplicity, wide open spaces, slow paces, and hard work, is undeniable. It’s weird, but I can see myself as a farm wife lovin’ the farm life. I’m sure that’s why I’m drawn to books about pioneer women. Love Comes Softly is one of my very favorites (the books, not the movies!).
- I would never have dreamed that I would be a homeschooling mom of 7! People ask me all the time if I always wanted a large family. The truth is that yes, I wanted a larger family than the one I came from, but in that I meant 3, maybe 4. God has richly blessed us with all these treasures, and I am so thankful that He led us to being open to more children. What amazing blessings we would miss had we not been open!
My Favorite Posts
Part of the challenge is to share my favorite posts. Here we go!
Family Life: The JOY of Healing and Promising Again
Questions For Me
- What is one word you would use to describe yourself? shy
- What time of day do you do blog work? Mornings, rest time (after lunch), and some in the evenings
- How do you pamper yourself? I buy a new book and get lost in it.
- What does your immediate family think about your blog? They are very supportive!
- What female inspires you most? Arabah Joy
Because I was nominated, I get the pleasure of paying it forward! These are a few of the blogs I enjoy reading because they offer tips or help or ideas that challenge me.
This Simple Balance–June is wonderful about sharing her expereinces as a minimalist, both the good and the well, not so good. I love her transparency and ideas about letting “stuff” go.
Embracing the Lovely–Need help Bible journaling? This is your place! Not only does she give wonderful tips, but it’s all simply, well, lovely!
Psychowith6–What else needs to be said? If you have more than a few kids, leaning towards several, check it out! You’ll find encouragement for walking in your faith, managing your family, and staying sane as you homeschool!
Heavenly Homemakers–I love Laura’s sense of humor! I’ve borrowed a few of her recipes over the years. She’s all about eating real food, and helping you do the same.
Young Wife’s Guide–I’ve just started following Jami’s blog, but she has so much to offer about homemaking and finding joy there!
Grace to Soar–Beka has stepped on my toes a little, but in an oh so good way! Her heart for God is evident in her writing.
Questions for My Nominees
All right, ladies, here are my questions for you:
- What is your dream vacation?
- What are you most thankful for?
- What are you currently reading?
- Which do you prefer, coffee or tea?
- What is your greatest fear?
Here are the official rules for the Mystery Blogger Award. Nominees, please let me know if you decide to continue this award – I’d love to see who you nominate.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and put a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award
- Nominate up to 10 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice – with one weird or funny question
- Tell your readers three things about yourself
- Share a link to your best post(s)